Between Saturday 27th August and Thursday 1st September 2016, the Manchester Voices project toured Greater Manchester! We visited all ten boroughs of Greater Manchester in our research van, trying to meet as many local people as we could. We invited people to climb aboard, talk about their accent and dialect, and think about what it means to be from their particular area of Greater Manchester. We are very grateful to the various library services, councils and festival organisers who allowed us to park our van near their events!
The final route can be seen below.
- Saturday 27th Aug – Bury and Manchester
- Sunday 28th Aug – Salford and Stockport
- Monday 29th Aug – Media City and Trafford
- Tuesday 30th Aug – Tameside and Rochdale
- Wednesday 31st Aug – Bolton and Wigan
- Thursday 1st Sep – Oldham
- Morning: Oldham Town Centre