Podcasts, Radio, and TV
- BBC Radio Manchester. Mar 2021
- AllFM: Vintage FM. Nov 2020.
- Tameside Radio. WeAreTameside. Oct 2020.
- BBC Radio Manchester. Oct 2020.
- Granada Reports. TV. Oct 2020.
- New Thinking BBC Radio 3 Podcast. City Talk. Jul 2019.
- BBC Radio Manchester. The Breakfast Show. Jun 2017
- AHRC Blog. Manchester Voices: Documenting and celebrating the accents and dialects of Greater Manchester. April 2019.
Local and University News
- In Your Area – Rochdale. Manchester accent study encourages Rochdale residents to ‘submit their voice’ Apr 2021.
- Manchester News. Use your voice: Largest language research project in Greater Manchester’s history needs your help. Mar 2021.
- Salford Star. Salford people wanted to describe ice-skating bear. Nov 2020.
- Saddleworth Independent. Show off your accent! Be part of the ‘Manchester Voices’ research project. Oct 2020.
- Shaw and Royton Correspondent. Show off your accent! Be part of the ‘Manchester Voices’ research project. Oct 2020.
- Tameside Correspondent. Show off your accent! Be part of the ‘Manchester Voices’ research project. Oct 2020.
- Oldham Evening Chronicle. Oldham accents wanted for largest research project ever into accents of Greater Manchester Oct 2020.
- About Manchester. Bus or buz? Record your voice for largest research project ever into Greater Manchester accent Sep 2020.
- ManMet News. Bus or buz? Record your voice for largest research project ever into Greater Manchester accents Sep 2020.
- Oldham Evening Chronicle. Oldham features in new Greater Manchester ‘Voices’ map. Sep 2019.
- ManMet News. Manchester Voices Map: Mancunians can chart their own accents and dialects. Sep 2019.
- ManMet News. Permanent archive of Manchester voices created by huge regional language project. Mar 2019.
- Bury Times. A new exhibition shows that not even the people of Bury can agree the real pronunciation of the town. Jun 2017.
- Humanity Hallows. Manchester Voices launch celebrates accents, dialects and people of Greater Manchester. Jun 2017.
- The Bolton News. Manchester Metropolitan University language experts celebrate the Bolton accent and its ‘lickle’ differences. Jun 2017.
- Manchester Evening News (including a video of Erin and Rob). Hospikle, areet, barm and nesh – the words people only say where you live. Jun 2017.
- The Northern Quota. Manchester Voices research project sets out to find out how to define a ‘Mancunian accent‘. Jun 2017.
- Manchester Evening News. Help to create a unique map of how we speak in Greater Manchester. Sep 2016.
- About Manchester. Create your own dialect map of Greater Manchester. Sep 2016.
- Manchester Evening News. Scally or posh? Greater Manchester accent map shows what people think about the way YOU talk. Aug 2015.
- Manchester Evening News. Greater Manchester accents: How you think you’re perceived by the way you speak. Aug 2015.
- Mancunian Matters. Stop ya chattin’! Man Met Uni linguist on ‘accent loyalty’, dialect maps and stereotypes. Aug 2015.
- About Manchester. Posh, broad, working class or arty? How Manchester’s dialect is perceived. Aug 2015.
- Manchester Confidentials. Artsy, Rough Or Soft: What Does Your Accent Say About You? Aug 2015.
- ITV News. Manchester study finds the region’s accents are going strong. Jun 2017.
- ITV News. What does the Manchester accent say about you? Aug 2015.